Pet Travel Services
Your Pet Travel Specialists
Happy Tails Travel, Inc. makes moving your pet a breeze! Whatever your pet transportation needs. We can provide a wide variety of services locally in Tucson and Phoenix, nationwide or worldwide. Happy Tails Travel started local in Tucson, Arizona and has grown to a national and overseas pet travel agency. We are proud of our pet travel safety. No pet has ever been injured or lost in all of our thousands of pet relocations.
At Happy Tails Travel, Inc., our goal is peace of mind and convenience for a safe, prompt, and comfortable journey for your pet. We help achieve a stress-free experience for you both by providing helpful tips and knowledge based on our experience and expertise. We are registered with the USDA as an Intermediate Handler (registration 86-H-026). We comply with all rules and regulations of the Animal Welfare Act, which is a federal law protecting animals in transport as it applies to animal air travel.
Your pet's safety and well-being are of greatest concern and key to our success. We will work with you to arrange the most direct flight, on the best pet airline and expedite times to maximize comfort during your pet's air travel.
We are happy you are considering our pet travel services and look forward to helping you with the difficult process of pet shipping and air travel. We are here to ease your mind and spirit and let your pet's air travel be as comfortable as possible.
Happy Tails Travel, Inc. offers Pet Relocation/Moving Services, including:
- Customized Pet Move Counseling from start to finish.
- Professional Pet Pickup and Delivery - We can provide or arrange to pick up and deliver your departing or arriving pet, including door-to-door service nationwide to and from the airport, veterinarian, home or kennel (not available in all areas, extra charge incurred).
- Flight Arrangements - Your Pet Relocation specialist will arrange the most direct flights to minimize the in-transit time for your pet.
- Compliance with all Animal Welfare Act Regulations.
- Compliance with all TSA-mandated security measures.
- Comprehensive research into the most direct available flight for your pet.
- Instructions for acclimation of your pet for safe travel -- without the use of sedation!
- Acquire Health Certificate and Letter of Acclimation.
- Ensuring that vaccinations, including rabies, are up-to-date.
- Talk one on one with your vet to ensure proper documentation preparation.
- Supply or review all required documents for international travel.
- Research and obtain the requirements of destination country (if shipping internationally) including documentation, quarantines, etc.
- Contact the airline for requirements.
- Assist you in obtaining travel carrier of appropriate size and instructions on how to professionally prepare the pet carrier to ensure a safe and comfortable flight for your pet.
- Determine proper arrival and departure procedures and documentation.
- Arrange for payment to airline, vet, quarantine facility, dog or cat kennel, pet transport vendor, etc.
- Book necessary flight(s).
- Assist with all logistics and timing offlight/vet/transport/paperwork.
Your customized pettravel services also include:
(Please note: the steps below are very time consuming and can take hours or even weeks to complete.)
- An estimate of costs you may expect to incur for your pet travel services.
- Explanation of pet relocation process including clear communication, guidance and reassurance of any concerns from start to finish!
- Research into the most direct airline flight available for your pets.
- By e-mail or fax, you will receive customized pet shipping and airline flight instructions such as: Information on documentation requirements.
- Preconditioning airline flight tips for your pet(s).
- Proper kennel size requirements and preparation info for the airline.
- Proper check-in/pick-up procedure at the airline.
- Assistance with logistics involved such as: who, where, when, how.
- Booking of the pet's airline flight. Our fee does not include airline ticket costs.
- Access to Happy Tails at any time by toll-free phone, e-mail, or fax for Air Travel Consultation.
- A Pet Travel Packet with all the required airline flight documents and crate stickers and customized tags.
- Arrangement of logistics at each end: when, where, how, who, and how much.
As a professional pet shipper, Happy Tails can also provide or arrange for the following pet services:
- Pick up and/or delivery of your pet.
- Selection and purchase of airline-approved pet carrier.
- Obtain health and/or veterinary certificates.
- Complete domestic pet travel documentation.
- Arrangement of boarding and/or pet grooming services.
- Ground transport to kennel, vet, home, and/or airlines.
- Prepayment for goods and services.
To simplify your book-keeping, when we set up and arrange for third-party professional boarding, ground transportation, veterinary service or kennel purchase, we will arrange for direct payment to these vendors for a one-time handling fee plus the cost of the goods or service. A final invoice will be provided upon your request. If we pay for the airline fees through our accounts with the airlines, there will be a minimum service fee.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and checks. For your security, credit card transactions will be made personally by phone. Discounts are given for multiple pets and military personnel.
For more information & a comprehensive pet travel plan, please fill out the Pet Travel Form.